Monday, July 15, 2019

Trek Home - part I

SUMMER!



Oh how I love summer. My brain just holds so much more space for daydreaming, thinking, and simply being.


Our annual trek to Washington began with a midnight flight - and the worst baby-jet-lag. In hindsight, I would have done a few things differently. But as it was, we were in a dark, dark place and just had to carry on. After a 12 hour flight ... pacing, bouncing, squats, singing, and a midnight bath brought me to tears. But also - donuts. Yes, 3:00 a.m. donuts because at some point, you just have to give in to the moment and laugh together. And because my husband is totally clutch.


A night in Seattle to catch our breath and see our forever-friends, Brian & April.

These trees! This sky! This air! These all speak 'home' to me.


Daddy catches a ball at the game. That's a good first day. 


Then off to Chelan to hang with cousins for a few days~
Sister, cousins, vacation ?? BRILLIANT.






































Family just fills you up.

Will remember the freezing lake, the hot sun, the wind, the cheese, the grilling, the mouse, learning how to play dinosaurs, the toilet flooding, late night scrabble, Allison's sketchbook, and watching these kids love each other. Most of all will remember the feeling of being together.

No comments:

Post a Comment